In 2006 I embarked on a new adventure...becoming a mom. This blog is about the pregnancy, aspects of life afterward, starting my life in a new role as mommy...and anything else in between.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Last week was a crazy week and the weekend was just as insane. Chris and I decided that we are going to take a trip to Bangkok, Thailand for a week in April. We're invited to our friend's wedding and really wanted to go, but weren't sure if we could afford to go. Then our friend told us that they are paying for 5 nights at the hotel and two tours of the city, so Chris and I decided that would make it a little more affordable. So we're going. It's going to be so awesome, I can't wait. The first night that all the wedding guests get there, they have invited everyone to a sunset dinner cruise to start the celebrations. How amazing is that going to be?! We're going to take Naveen with us because we want to, and to make things even better, my parents are going to the wedding too so we will have some help. So last week was crazy because we had to get everything in order and apply for Naveen's passport. And wouldn't you know it...I couldn't find his birth certificate. The friends of mine reading this know that I'm SUPER ORGANIZED. So how the hell did I lose his birth certificate? I turned the house upside down looking for it. So on Friday I had to go get another copy and I ended up getting 2. I'm going to put one in the safe at my parents' house in case we ever misplace our copy again. I'm doing the same thing with the 2nd copy of our marriage certificate. Anyway, I also applied for my passport with my married name, so now every legal document of mine will have my married last name. Thank God. That is such an annoying process. Now I have to start planning for the trip!! I'm so excited.

Last week I witnessed something interesting when I went to Whole Foods to get a sandwich for lunch. If anyone wants to leave a comment on this, feel free to, because I'm not sure if I what I saw was good or bad. I was at the sandwich counter and a mom with her 2 daughters were also ordering. They ordered their sandwiches and the older daughter, who was about 10 or 11, told the guy, "Can you make sure you put just light mayo?" Part of me thought, that's really good, she's being healthy. Especially in this day of childhood obesity being so prevalent. On the other hand, I thought, should she have to worry about light mayo, being so young? I don't know why she wanted light mayo, so that would make a difference too. Maybe she doesn't like mayo that much. Or maybe she is worried about how she looks. I don't know. It was an interesting thing to see because I've never seen a child be so conscious of something like that. Interesting.

And tonight, aaahhh, I can't wait - "Dancing with the Stars" is back!! Woo hoo!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Maybe mom uses light mayo at home and that's the taste she's used to? Not sure, but interesting observation, Shef.

Thailand...am SO jealous. :)