In 2006 I embarked on a new adventure...becoming a mom. This blog is about the pregnancy, aspects of life afterward, starting my life in a new role as mommy...and anything else in between.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Naveen has a bedtime: 9pm. YAY!!! Sometimes it's even earlier, like 8:30pm. When he was going to sleep at 10pm, he finally stopped waking up in the middle of the night. But all of a sudden in the last couple of weeks, he's been naturally falling asleep between 8:30-9pm. I'm trying to follow his natural lead on bedtimes, feedings, and interests b/c I don't want to be one of those moms who pushes things on him just because it's the "right" thing to do. I'll have plenty of opportunities in his lifetime to teach him the "right" things. Right now, he's young and he seems to be getting things naturally on his own anyway. Plus, I want to do things in stages. Now that we've established a bedtime, the next step in a couple of months is to move him to the crib. I've slowly started the transition by putting him in his crib for his naps during the day. Anyway, we're back to getting up in the middle of the night to feed him, but I don't care. I love the little guy, but it's so nice to have the evening to ourselves. I get to check my email, blog, or just watch TV. I can also finish up housework and get ready for the next day. It's great!

More good news: I lost a pound!! Woo hoo!! My trainer and I have a goal for me to lose 10lbs. I've lost 2. But as I wrote in a previous blog, losing weight is going to come after my excess fat has finished turning to muscle. Let's hope the weight loss continues.

So as I'm writing this blog I'm watching American Idol. It was a pool of mediocrity and a couple of really bad performances. No big surprise, Haley and Sanjaya were the worst. The guys are not that good. I just can't get behind Phil Stacey. I don't particularly care for him, I don't know why. I had high hopes for Brandon, but he ain't deliverin' these days. Chris Sligh was off, and he should have kept his glasses on. It gives him more character. You already know my feelings on Sanjaya. Blake and Chris - if I had to pick guys that I like, these 2 would be it. They are somewhat decent singers and have good stage presence. But as Simon says, this is a SINGING competition. They need to deliver more. The GIRLS - so much better! As usual, Lakisha and Melinda were the BOMB. Stephanie disappointed me. She sang one of my FAV Diana Ross songs, "Love Hangover", but she never went into the disco part. That's the best part! And her vocal was not her best - it seemed she was yelling a little too much. Haley - already said my story. Gina was totally good. Not her best, but she rocks, and the song choice, "Love Child" was awesome. I just love her vibe and I thought she picked a good song. Jordin - LOVE HER! She gets better every week...she's actually one of those contestants that goes through AI doing what she's supposed to do: take criticism and get better. She's awesome and has the cutest smile! Total star quality and the voice is good too. You go girl!

Signing off! Good night.

1 comment:

tapu said...

Pushing things on him is not good but sometimes you have to force him to do things because he is too young to decide what's right or wrong.

If your son won't sleep, audio books may clam him down. Just check out this site, there are tons of children audio books
http://astore.amazon.com/listentoaudiobook-20

Children are our future.