In 2006 I embarked on a new adventure...becoming a mom. This blog is about the pregnancy, aspects of life afterward, starting my life in a new role as mommy...and anything else in between.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So here's my weekly American Idol recap:

1. Haley Scarnato: Surprisingly good. She might just bring it. The song choice was very good for her because it was upbeat and actually kept my interest! I caught myself smiling while watching her this week. Still a wait and see for me, but I cannot tell a lie: I liked it. She tapped into her strengths. FINALLY.

2. Chris Richardson: Good. He's a little nasal-y (is that a word?) for me, but I liked it. The only thing I don't like about him is that he sometimes seems a little cocky. This is a downer for me. But, he's got the stage presence and this week he showed a different side to his singing which turned out really well.

3. Stephanie Edwards: She's ok. She won't win. She sounds too much like Beyonce, and we don't need another Beyonce. Plus she doesn't have that exciting stage presence. Tonight when she sang I caught myself updating my calendar. Side note: I really hope AI doesn't come up with another R&B artist. They're all starting to sound the same to me.

4. Blake Lewis: He's good, but I'm burning out on him. I need to see something new or different. I can't quite put my finger on it. And I'm not sure I'm liking the beatboxing thing anymore. The judges really liked his performance tonight, but I thought it was just good.

5. Lakisha Jones: She wasn't that inspiring this week. Some of the low notes sounded a little weird. I think she should have picked the other song that Lulu told her to sing. Simon nailed it...it was a little old, like she was 60 years old.

6. Phil Stacey: Didn't like it. Or didn't like him. I don't know. I didn't really get into the running around the stage with the microphone thing for him. I think my problem with him is that I can't fit him into a genre. None of the songs he sings fits for me. I can't put my finger on it, I just know he's not one of my favorites. I don't know what the appeal is in him. I haven't figured out why America likes him.

7. Jordin Sparks: AWESOME, as usual. The slow songs tend to bore me, but she sang hers with a lot of soul and sexuality. The mood she conveyed matched the mood of the song. Nicely done girlfriend.

8. Sanjaya Malakar: OH GOD. What a freakin' train wreck. And the girl who was crying b/c she liked him so much...NOW WE KNOW WHO IS VOTING FOR HIM!!!

9. Gina Glocksen: Love the chick! And singing a Stones song...totally cool. But it wasn't her best. I feel like she could have a picked a song that showed her singing ability a lot more. I've liked every performance of her up until today. God, I hope she doesn't get eliminated. I don't think she will.

10. Chris Sligh: He was OK. The performance kind of bored me a little. He needs some UMPH in his performances. I need some WOW factor.

11. Melinda Doolittle: As usual, amazing. They should just give her a record deal and let everyone else compete.

I have to say, today's show was the best so far. At least everyone sang decently, except Sanjaya.

My prediction: Phil Stacey is gone this week.

No comments: