In 2006 I embarked on a new adventure...becoming a mom. This blog is about the pregnancy, aspects of life afterward, starting my life in a new role as mommy...and anything else in between.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Yesterday was weigh-in day with my trainer, along with it being my last session. Drum roll please....................I've lost 3 lbs!! Woo hoo! Plus, I've lost INCHES. I lost an inch off my waist, an inch from thighs, 1 1/4 inches from my arms and 1/8 of an inch from my forearms. I'm very excited and motivated to keep going. I actually lost 5 lbs, but 2 of those pounds converted from fat to muscle (my trainer did all the measurements and some calculations and came out with that) so they are technically not a loss. I'm really excited.

So Naveen had his vaccinations on Tuesday. He had the regular vaccinations, but I also opted to give him the new RotaTeq vaccination that protects him against rotavirus. This vaccination was just approved by the FDA last year and I read in one of my magazines that all children should get it because they get rotavirus really easily. And apparently the virus causes severe dehydration because it makes you vomit and have diarrhea like crazy. Little children then end up in hospital inevitably on IV to get rehydrated. I don't want Naveen going through that so I chose to have him vaccinated. I'm just a little worried because in very rare cases it can cause intestinal problems. So for about the next week I'm keeping a close eye on him. Hopefully it's ok because he has to get the second dose of the vaccination when he is 6 months old. Apparently the vaccination series cannot be started after babies turn 6 months old, so it's do it now or don't do it all. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment: